[vbox-dev] [ PATCH] Fix crash on startup under Wayland

Support Team help at domiosports.com
Mon May 18 14:52:31 GMT 2020

Noted.

On Mon, May 18 2020, at 02:22 PM, Klaus Espenlaub <
klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com>

Hans, I can totally understand the pain - but from a different angle we can
ask why Fedora 32 chose to break VirtualBox (which no other distribution
seems to have done to date, and even RHEL8 defaults to Wayland which I see
as excessively optimistic). Yes, the fix is simple, but in our plan the fix
will go first into the Fedora 32 specific RPM package which we're working
on already. Which we need to do because the Fedora 31 one no longer can be
installed on Fedora 32 (usual dependency problems). It's simply a risk
management question. Who guarantees that the environment variable tweak
will not backfire on some old Qt install? Klaus
_______________________________________________ vbox-dev mailing list

On Mon, May 18 2020, at 12:58 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com>

Hi, On 5/14/20 2:43 PM, Frank Batschulat wrote: > Hans, I have filed the
following bug to track this: Thank you, I wonder though why not ship the
next 6.1.z / 6.0.z release with my workaround for now? Coming up with a
proper fix for this is likely going to require some time and in the mean
time users are being bitten by this bug. Also given that I reported this
serious bug, which basically makes VirtualBox completely unusable on
default Fedora 32 installs over a month ago I must say I'm a bit
disappointed by how VirtualBox upstream is handing this. You could have
fixed this with the April 14th 6.1.4 release by including my 1 line
workaround for now. Instead you have let users of VirtualBox on Fedora 32
out in the cold.

On Sun, May 17 2020, at 09:13 PM, Johnathan Bendwick <noscrubs679 at gmail.com>

Ah, I see. Perhaps try a different language? I've heard cobalt works a bit
better...

On Thu, May 14 2020, at 12:43 PM, Frank Batschulat <
frank.batschulat at oracle.com>

Hans, I have filed the following bug to track this: [Oracle VM VirtualBox]
#19583: GUI crashes when using Qt on Xwayland sessions
https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/19583 the possible fix for this is still
being discussed internally.