[vbox-dev] [ PATCH] Fix crash on startup under Wayland

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon May 18 12:58:52 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 5/14/20 2:43 PM, Frank Batschulat wrote:
> Hans, I have filed the following bug to track this:

Thank you, I wonder though why not ship the next 6.1.z / 6.0.z
release with my workaround for now?

Coming up with a proper fix for this is likely going to
require some time and in the mean time users are being
bitten by this bug.

Also given that I reported this serious bug, which basically
makes VirtualBox completely unusable on default Fedora 32
installs over a month ago I must say I'm a bit disappointed
by how VirtualBox upstream is handing this.

You could have fixed this with the April 14th 6.1.4 release
by including my 1 line workaround for now. Instead you have
let users of VirtualBox on Fedora 32 out in the cold.

Regards,

Hans