[vbox-dev] packaging new kernel headers question

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Sun Mar 22 18:21:20 GMT 2020

Hi All,

I have just setup the latest VirtualBox to work with a particular debian
kernel by compiling the drivers with the needed

linux-headers-$(uname -r)

after installing gcc, make, and perl as well.

I can now run virtualbox as anticipated on the development machine, but
would now like to package the newly made drivers inside a debian DEB
package.

Can you please tell me what files that I can replace in the existing Debian
9 DEB package that you might find on the Virtualbix website so that this
new DEB package will no need to compile drivers and I can just do a simple
package install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and be safe
Lonnie