[vbox-dev] Removing suid root bit from VBoxDRMClient

Frank Batschulat frank.batschulat at oracle.com
Mon Jun 8 17:44:53 GMT 2020

Thanks Hans, but right now we have a higher priority problem with fedora
32,
that is we cannot get our vboxsf kernel module loaded anymore when we
install
our GAs because the Linux vboxsf kernel module is sticking and the only
one getting loaded
even though the Fedora specific guest additions you mentioned below have
been uninstalled.

Also the Linux kernel vboxsf kernel module is incompatible with
our userland commands, our userland cannot talk to your vboxsf kernel
module anymore.

investigating and fixing these beauty currently has a higher priority for
us.

frankB

Oracle Virtualbox Development