[vbox-dev] [ PATCH] Fix crash on startup under Wayland

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 15:17:27 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 6/8/20 5:11 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2020-06-08 at 10:50 +0200, Frank Batschulat wrote:
>> This has been fixed in the new release 6.1.10
>
> Can you please show me where is the code in SVN ?
>
> Unfortunately seems that svn source code is not updated for 2 months (
> https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/ ) so it is more difficult to
> follow the modifications .

There is a new RTEnvSet call in this bit:

#ifdef VBOX_WS_X11
         /* Make sure multi-threaded environment is safe: */
         if (!MakeSureMultiThreadingIsSafe())
             break;
         /* Force using Qt platform module 'xcb', we have X11 specific code: */
         RTEnvSet("QT_QPA_PLATFORM", "xcb");
#endif /* VBOX_WS_X11 */

of src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/src/main.cpp

Regards,

Hans