[vbox-dev] Building on Debian 9 and 10

Kalogrianitis Socratis socratisk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 11:59:34 GMT 2019

@Lonnie,
This is what I had to do on a Mint19 to get VirtualBox to build, see if it helps:

sudo apt-get install subversion gcc g++ bcc iasl xsltproc libxml2-dev libidl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev \
                     libssl-dev libvpx-dev libopus-dev libpng-dev libsdl1.2-dev libxcursor-dev \
                     libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxmu-dev qtbase5-dev python-dev libdevmapper-dev \
                     libcap-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib makeself libpam0g-dev qt5-default \
                     qttools5-dev-tools libqt5opengl5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev default-jdk texlive \
                     texlive-latex-extra texlive-fonts-extra libelf-dev

There's no 'qt4' for example, VirtualBox needs 'qt5'. Plus a whole lot more differences. Where did you get that list of yours from?

@Martin,
If I'm not mistaken, that link talks about the Debian-forks, not the VirtualBox OSE edition...

Socratis