[vbox-dev] After connecting a USB device guest hangs (v6.0.6 and also under v5.2.26)

Andreas Czerniak cognac at amcs.net
Tue May 14 18:20:06 GMT 2019

Hi all,

thanks for your great work on VirtualBox. I use since a very very long time with success but actually I have a questions regarding v6.0 and USB. Since 2016 I use a USB smart card reader with my VirtualBox (5.x + extpack) on Linux (actually Ubuntu 19.04) and a Win7Pro in the host.
After I upgrade the VirtualBox 5.2.x to 6.0.6 the Virtualbox freeze after I connect the USB smart card reader to the box. In the first step, I think about new driver for the reader, and so on withoout success.

Today I switch back to the 5.2.26 and actually the same problem as under v6.0.6 , attached to find the log. The system of Win7Pro booted normally but after I connect the USB device the "guest is unresponsive".

Do you know these problems?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

=== from the log ===
00:08:32.415183 GUI: UISession::sltAdditionsChange: GA state really changed, notifying listeners.

00:08:32.415221 GUI: UIMachineViewNormal::adjustGuestScreenSize: Adjust guest-screen size if necessary.

00:08:32.415232 GUI: UISession::sltAdditionsChange: GA state change event came, notifying listeners.

00:08:32.415240 GUI: UIMachineLogicNormal::sltCheckForRequestedVisualStateType: Requested-state=0, Machine-state=5

00:08:32.415270 GUI: UISession::sltAdditionsChange: GA state change event came, notifying listeners.

00:08:32.415279 GUI: UIMachineLogicNormal::sltCheckForRequestedVisualStateType: Requested-state=0, Machine-state=5

00:10:46.395925 VUSB: Attached '00007fabe0c853a0[proxy 0c4b:0500]' to port 2 on RootHub#1 (FullSpeed)

00:10:51.393209 OHCI#0: Raising unrecoverable error

00:10:51.393458 OHCI: Software reset

00:10:51.393637 OHCI: USB Operational

00:10:51.396362 OHCI#0: Raising unrecoverable error

00:10:51.396597 OHCI: Software reset

00:10:51.396712 OHCI: USB Operational

00:10:55.256206 OHCI#0: Raising unrecoverable error

00:10:55.257174 OHCI: Software reset

00:10:55.257289 OHCI#0: Raising unrecoverable error

00:10:55.258260 OHCI: USB Operational

00:10:57.868981 VMMDev: vmmDevHeartbeatFlatlinedTimer: Guest seems to be unresponsive. Last heartbeat received 4 seconds ago

--
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it is called a 'present'. -- Master Oogway

Andreas Czerniak < [ mailto:andreas at czerniak.eu | andreas ] @czerniak.eu>
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and deleted this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.