[vbox-dev] Implementing virtual device using PDM

Oguz Kartal mr.oguzkartal at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 22:29:10 GMT 2019

Hi,

I’m trying implement my own virtual device using PDM. I setup required headers from the includes directory which is in the vbox source root directory. compiled with no problem but I’m stuck on the linking phase.

unresolved external symbol __imp__RTLogRelGetDefaultInstanceEx.

I got that linker error because I don’t have any static library to link correctly my DLL. As far I see, the Virtualbox does not offer static library to build virtual device as an extension. Even does not offer kind of Device extension SDK.

So how can I build my virtual device? Actually I’m not a fan to build entire virtualbox from the source to get linking libraries.

Thanks.