[vbox-dev] Memory initialization

b38911 b38911 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 20:15:21 GMT 2019

Hello all.

I was suggested to post my question here.

Here my doubt:

I noticed this behavior, which is probably expected: dumping the RAM of
a guest (with ".pgmphystofile" command) I saw that the memory is not
initialized between virtual powercycle, like if there was a real
powerdown. Sometimes, between restarts of the guest (with a shutdown and
then a restart), I find some memory artifacts belonging to processes
that shouldn't be there.
I assume this happens because I'm not restarting the host system, so
probably the RAM is just remapped, but not initialized. This is a bit
annoying in some case, especially if you are using the system for
testing purposes.

Is there a way to force the guest to initialize the allocated RAM to
zero (or something else), in order to emulate a real powerdown-powerup?
Thanks for your help.

cips