[vbox-dev] (no subject)

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Jul 8 16:46:12 GMT 2019

Debugging a normal release build of VirtualBox (at least the interesting
parts, everything related to VM execution) is impossible. Hardening
prevents using debuggers.

If you want to really work with the code, you will need to prepare your
own build (including your own drivers, the hardened drivers in a release
build cannot be used with a non-hardened build). Compiling VirtualBox
yourself means that you have matching PDB files.

So there is likely no need to pass you the PDB files.

Let us know if you're doing something I didn't think of, because we do
have the PDB files and if it would really help we could pass them.

Klaus