[vbox-dev] Regression with Qt 5.13 - guest steals focus

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Sat Jul 6 16:52:09 GMT 2019

On 7/5/19 7:28 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
> On 7/5/19 10:13 AM, Michael Thayer wrote:
>> Hello Larry,
>>
>> Just a semi-shot-in-the-dark, but are you in contact with Fabian, and if
>> so, I wonder whether this patch would change anything.  It is against
>> the development code, but should apply easily to 6.0.8.  The idea is
>> that if Qt now gives us delayed information that we have lost the focus,
>> ask the X server directly.
>
> Michael,
>
> Your patch does fix the issue against the unmodified Qt 5.13. I will notify
> Fabian, and ask him if he would prefer this fix so that Qt 5.13 can be unmodified.

Michael,

I contacted Fabian. He is happy that VB will handle focus in a more robust
fashion. He has already changed the Qt timer to 100 ms and pushed the updated
code to qtbase upstream where it will be part of 5.13.1, but he thinks both
solutions are better than either one alone. I have patched VB 6.0.8 locally and
pushed it, and I will look for the change in 6.0.10.

Thanks for your efforts in fixing this problem.

Larry