[vbox-dev] Problem with Windows 7 VMs and VB built with iasl from acpica >= 20190329

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Mon Apr 22 19:19:12 GMT 2019

When VirtualBox is built with a recent version of iasl, the resulting BIOS
causes a Windows 7 VM to Blue Screen with the message "The BIOS in this system
is not fully ACPI compliant". This is reported to the acpica project at
https://github.com/acpica/acpica/issues/462.

Although this is NOT a VirtualBox bug, I am reporting it here so that all of you
are aware of the problem.

A possible fix has been posted, and I hope one is available soon. The problem
has not been reported for Windows XP, Windows 10, or any version of Linux - only
Win 7.

Larry