[vbox-dev] PATCH: Implement support for multiple custom ACPI tables

Michal Necasek michal.necasek at oracle.com
Tue Sep 4 14:44:37 GMT 2018

    Hi,

  Thanks for the patch! I quickly looked over it and it looks to me that
the behavior of existing VMs with the
VBoxInternal/Devices/acpi/0/Config/CustomTable keys set will subtly
change because the call to

acpiR3PrepareHeader(pThis, &cust.header, "CUST", sizeof(cust), 1);

is no longer done and the incoming data is copied a bit differently. Can
you explain why that's not done or why it can't cause any problems?

  Wouldn't it be better to keep the existing behavior for CustomTable
and just add CustomTable1/2/3 with slightly different behavior?

  Also, do you have a concrete example of ACPI tables that one might
want to pass to a VM this way?

     Regards,
       Michal