[vbox-dev] How to access host vertical blanking intervals

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Mon Sep 3 08:26:01 GMT 2018

Hello Steve,

Nothing at the moment I'm afraid.  It might be something we could
consider adding some time (though it would be far from trivial, since we
have four supported and additional unofficial host ports to make it work
on).  It is also something we might accept a patch for.  One of the
relevant code-owners is not available for the next week, so I can't say
for sure.

Regards
Michael

31.08.2018 22:54, Steve Longerbeam wrote:
> Hello VBOX developers,
>
> I recently contributed a patch to in-kernel vboxvideo DRM driver which
> adds support for page flip. However the implementation does not
> make any attempt to sync page flip with host vertical blanking
> interval, so it's possible a DRM page flip will result in tearing
> artifacts.
>
> So is there a call that can be made into the hypervisor that would allow
> receiving an event when host display has entered a vblank interval?
> Something in the VBOX Main API perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697