[vbox-dev] Regression! AccessAbility problems in new virtualbox gui (6.0 beta 1)

Илья Пащук ilusha.paschuk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:55:10 GMT 2018

helo

i'm know that I should not write this message to this list, but I'm
doing it because I think that information I writing is very importent.

in 5x vbox versions, where the global and machine tools switchers was on
the tool bar, i was able to switch bitwin them and activate tools by
using keyboard mouse control fitures and screenreader's mouse tracking
fiture.

in new version I also able to use the global tools by using the tools
list item.
but I can not activate the machine's tools (for agsample snapshots),.
I'm iven don't know what to do that.
the many things that are simple for other people are very difficult for
blind users.
I read that this instruments can be called by using the special element
buttons. possible, this buttons is very simple way for standard users,
but I can not activate it. ScreenReader simply can not locate it.
Please, add the ability to open this tools from machine's context menu.
also, in beta version, screenreader is not able to correctly process
items in machines list and can not read it's names correctly.

Also, there are old accessability problem, that appears in 5x versions,
but I describing it hear because i vont to make your developers to pay
some atention to it.
when I using nvda screenreader and locating any listbox, nvda can hann
for some time. then it continuing working, but is not able to work with
listbox. this problems are present in all VBox windows.

I hope that this problems is not difficult to fix.

You don't repairing existing accessibility problems. But pleas don't
create new.

The VirtualBox is a great solution and it will be very good if blind
people will be able to use it.