[vbox-dev] Problem with python API

renn0xtek9 at laposte.net renn0xtek9 at laposte.net
Sun Oct 7 09:06:38 GMT 2018

Dear all, I am trying to use the virtualbox module of python (import virtualbox) with python 2
Using a linux host to a windwos guest works well (programm are fired as they should)

However, using an ubunut-based host to that same ubuntu-based guest, the programm don't start in the guest and the terminal session in the host is totally stucked
This is the code, I can see the "Will launch" but not the "launched"
See alsoe https://github.com/renn0xtek9/VMRequests/blob/master/ExecuteRequests.py line 148

gs=self.session.console.guest.create_session(self.jsonkey['User'],self.jsonkey['Password'])
time.sleep(2.0) #wait 2.0 seconds to avoid race donditions
print("Will launch")
process,stdout,stderr=gs.execute('/usr/bin/konsole',[''])
print("launched")