[vbox-dev] DevE1000.cpp and Linux Driver

Aleksey Ilyushin aleksey.ilyushin at oracle.com
Thu Mar 22 10:36:20 GMT 2018

Sylvia,

This code was introduced to support Phar Lap ETS drivers, which make use of all available RX descriptors. At the time there was no RX cache in e1000 code, so it was not easy to come up with a proper solution. I re-worked RX cache fetching a little bit, and this kludge is no longer needed (if RX cache is enabled, which is true by default). I am currently testing the fix to make sure I didn’t introduce any regressions. The fix should be available shortly in the public svn repository. I’ll provide test builds as well. Thanks again for your effort.

Aleksey