[vbox-dev] VirtualBox 5.2.8 packages for Ubuntu 18.04

Armindo Silva deathon2legs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:10:14 GMT 2018

Hello Michael,

I just migrated from artful to bionic and although I re-enabled the
repository the virtualbox-5.2 package did not upgrade to the bionic
version, but it kept working.

$ apt-cache policy virtualbox-5.2
virtualbox-5.2:
  Installed: 5.2.8-121009~Ubuntu~zesty
  Candidate: 5.2.8-121009~Ubuntu~zesty
  Version table:
 *** 5.2.8-121009~Ubuntu~zesty 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

     5.2.8-121009~Ubuntu~bionic 500

        500 http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian bionic/contrib
amd64 Packages

After removing the old package and installing it again:

$ apt-cache policy virtualbox-5.2
virtualbox-5.2:
  Installed: 5.2.8-121009~Ubuntu~bionic
  Candidate: 5.2.8-121009~Ubuntu~bionic
  Version table:
 *** 5.2.8-121009~Ubuntu~bionic 500
        500 http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian bionic/contrib
amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I can confirm it is working (extension pack included).

Thank you for the good work!

Regards,
Armindo.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Michael Thayer <michael.thayer at oracle.com>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> VirtualBox 5.2.8 packages for Ubuntu 18.04 are now available to download
> and test on the Linux Downloads[1] page.  Feedback (especially positive)
> is appreciated!
>
> [1] https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
>
> Regards
> Michael
> --
> Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt
>
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>
> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
> Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
> der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697
> Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Jan Schultheiss, Val Maher

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a
little way past them into the impossible."
Sir Arthur C. Clarke