[vbox-dev] VirtualBox (vboxdrv) installation FAILED on new Windows 7 PC

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 21:32:05 GMT 2018

Hi All,

I'we got a new Win 7 PC: Toshiba Z40-C laptop with Intel Core i7 6600U CPU.
VirtualBox 5.2.12 (latest), but also tried 5.1.38 and 5.0.40, with the
same problem.

VBox.log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ss3510bofy4ntd/vbox.log.txt?dl=0

The problem is: no matter what I do, "vboxdrv" never gets installed.

It says cannot start VM : "Make Sure the kernel module has been loaded
successfully".

Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn
NtCreateFile(\Device\VBoxDrvStub) failed

Looking at a list of drivers in "Device Manager", I cannot see
"vboxdrv" listed there. (Even with show hidden -> Non-plug-n-play
devices)

C:\Users\Alexey>sc.exe query vboxdrv

SERVICE_NAME: vboxdrv
        TYPE               : 1  KERNEL_DRIVER
        STATE              : 1  STOPPED
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 2  (0x2)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

It seems there is a conflict between VirtualBox and some other
software / device driver on my PC. But how to figure it out ?
The PC is totally new, but it has a lot of Toshiba drivers & utils included.
Restarting the PC (the Windows way) didn't help either.

Any ideas?

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"