[vbox-dev] Patch for PCI prefetch alignment issue (for 5.2.6)

Vilbig, Ric ric_vilbig at mentor.com
Fri Feb 2 21:05:18 GMT 2018

Please find attached a patch for resolving a problem arises when the first prefetchable BAR has a size greater than the 1M alignment that is applied to the Prefetch Base register.  In this case, the Prefetch Base register is aligned differently than the BAR register.  This leads to VERR_MM_HYPER_NO_MEMORY being returned when the range is registered with PDMDevHlpMMIORegister(). The patch forces the prefetch base to be aligned to match the endpoint BAR alignment, allowing PDMDevHlpMMIORegister() to complete successfully.

This is equivalent to the patch that I submitted 2017-Oct-03, but ported into the VirtualBox 5.2.6 code base.

I have provided diff files, updated source, and before/after logs.

I am submitting the patch under the MIT license terms.

//  RicV