[vbox-dev] Patches review Re: Announcement: VirtualBox 6.0 Release Candidate 1 released

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Dec 13 16:41:12 GMT 2018

Hi,
Can we review these to little minor patches [1] (doesn't make sense to
me open more ticket or threads in forums ).

Patch 1, fix a build compile from source when we use system xorg
headers . VBoxGuestR3LibXFree86  last version was 18 December 2008  [2]
and we don't need it for a than a decade .

Patch 2, Michael notice that x11 with x in lower case, never exist.
This path it was added when I sent the first patches to use system xorg
headers (some years ago), yes it was my fault and IMHO it is a goodtime to fix it .

Thanks.

[1]
https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/17579

https://www.virtualbox.org/attachment/ticket/17579/VirtualBox-5.0.18-xserver_guest.patch

[2]
https://www.xfree86.org/releases/rel480.html

On Mon, 2018-12-10 at 21:54 +0100, Michael Thayer wrote:
> Please do NOT use this VirtualBox release candidate on production
> machines!
> A VirtualBox release candidate should be used for early evaluation
> and
> testing purposes.
>
> You can download the binaries here:
>
>   https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.0.0_RC1
>
> Please do NOT open bug reports at our public bugtracker but use our
> VirtualBox Beta Feedback forum at
>
>   https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=15
>
> to report any problems with the Beta. Please concentrate on reporting
> regressions since VirtualBox 5.2!
>
> Version 6.0 will be a new major release. Please see the forum at
>
>   https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90700
>
> for an incomplete list of changes since Beta 3.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Michael
Sérgio M. B.