[vbox-dev] User Manual - Custom VESA resolutions

Kalogrianitis Socratis socratisk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 06:12:13 GMT 2018

In the User Manual, ch. "9.1.2 Secure labeling with VBoxSDL" (https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#idm7851), it is stated:

> When using the X.org VESA driver, custom modelines have to be calculated and added to the configuration (usually in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. A handy tool to determine modeline entries can be found at http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/faq/vga2rgb/calc.html.)

The problem is that the link returns a 404. Maybe we should be linking to something more... permanent? Like the related Wikipedia article "VESA BIOS Extensions" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VESA_BIOS_Extensions), or a more specific anchor therein?

BTW, consider putting this link and in ch. "9.8.1 Custom VESA resolutions" (https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#customvesa) instead_of / in_addition_to the "9.1.2 Secure labeling with VBoxSDL" chapter.

Socratis