[vbox-dev] VirtualBox official debug builds/debug symbols

Samuel Rats srats at genymobile.com
Tue Apr 10 15:31:13 GMT 2018

Hi VBox people!

In order to investigate an issue I recently opened
(https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/17644), I was looking for some
official debug builds of the VirtualBox package, but couldn't manage
to find any.
Even the "testing" builds are release build.

Can I find them somewhere, or should I build VirtualBox in debug mode myself?
Additional question, do you know if the debug build is of VirtualBox
is much slower than a release build, or is it still usable for
days-to-days operations?

This issue is really bothering us, and I have time to investigate/fix it.
Thanks in advance.

--
Samuel Rats