[vbox-dev] New virtualbox vboxvideo mainline kernel broken in Ubuntu

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Sep 30 15:59:49 GMT 2017

Hi, adding cc to rpmfusion-devel , maybe someone could suggests or
teach something ...

On Sat, 2017-09-30 at 16:34 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 29-09-17 19:38, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 19:27 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > What I mean is that I've tested with the Fedora 4.13.1-303.fc27
> > > kernel which has the vboxvideo driver from staging/mainline
> > > enabled,
> > > without any additional out of tree drivers and things work fine
> > > with
> > > that kernel.
> >
> > ok , Have you the kernel in copr or in koji or some other place ? ,
> > where I can download src.rpm and test it my self .
>
> It simply is a standard Fedora kernel built (all Fedora 4.13 kernels
> have
> the vboxvideo driver from staging enabled), you can find the specific
> version I used during testing here:
>
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=970235

Very cool ! thanks, I want learn how enable staging kernel things in
the kernel , also I think we got staging-kmod in RPMFusion for that [1]
but I don't know how this work , I know that is not updated for a very
long time .

[1]
https://pkgs.rpmfusion.org/cgit/free/staging-kmod.git/tree/staging-kmod
.spec