[vbox-dev] Linux PCI-passthrough kernel module cleanup

Michal Necasek michal.necasek at oracle.com
Fri Sep 22 11:58:39 GMT 2017

In our experience, the xHCI emulation in VirtualBox works well for USB devices like webcams and headsets, and some professional audio devices are reported to work as well (e.g. Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Roland Duo-Capture). Not every device works, but Linux usbfs is not slow.

Whether VMs are suitable for any real-time workloads at all is a different question.

Regards,
Michal