[vbox-dev] User manual translations

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Fri Sep 15 09:49:42 GMT 2017

Hello All,

I have already posted this on the bug tracker translation ticket, sorry
for any duplication.  Up until now we have had people translating the
user interface but not the user manual, apart from a French translation
(author on CC) some years ago.  The main reason for this is lack of
capacity for handling it on our side.  I was wondering whether anyone
(or better, a group of people) would be interested in doing that. It
would have to include organisation, possibly using some external
collaborative translation service for open source projects.

The important things for us would be that we could use the result
without legal worries, and that we could integrate it with a minimum of
effort. That would probably mean getting the result in Docbook, unless
someone is ready to invest time making our build system take something
more modern.  Again, I would love to integrate work on that, as long as
I did not have to spend too much time on it.

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697