[vbox-dev] Network card using bridge mode not working on Windows 10 version 1709 + virtualbox 5.2.0
socratisk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:19:23 UTC 2017
> I did a upgrade my virtualbox host version to 5.2.0, on windows 10 version 1709. After upgrade, my two guest machines (FreeBSD 11.1 AMD64 and FreeBSD 10.4 i386) can't get IP by DHCP when network card is configured to "Bridge mode".
1) The VirtualBox _*developer*_ list is not usually used for end-user troubleshooting. In fact, it's not the best idea in the world...
2) Your search functionality seems to be broken with your favorite search engine.
3) See: [Fixed] Bridged networking 5.2.0 issues (#17186) (https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=85083) and the related ticket, #17186 (https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/17186).
4) Download the latest Test Build for Windows from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds the Developer Snapshots.
5) If that doesn't fix it, open a new topic in the forums (https://forums.virtualbox.org/). That's where you're supposed to chat about preliminary assessments of potential bugs, not on the mailing list...
More information about the vbox-dev