[vbox-dev] New virtualbox vboxvideo mainline kernel broken in Ubuntu

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Wed Oct 11 05:26:25 GMT 2017

Hello Gianfranco,

02.10.2017 12:11, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
>> Thanks for the heads-up.  I am gradually adjusting our in-tree code to
>> match vboxvideo in staging, so at some point, when things stop turning
>> up to stop me, I will probably hit the crucial difference.  Gianfranco,
>> if you have time could you please give the Additions from the next beta
>> release a try, when it is available, since I have already started the
>> process?  I would be very grateful if you could.  I will too of course
>> when I find a moment, moments are just in short supply.
>

> RC1 is now broken too
I haven't taken a look at the in-kernel version, but in RC1 the reason
was that the arguments to out*() calls got swapped: the Linux kernel
reverses them compared to everyone else I know of, and I failed to do
that during clean-up to match kernel style.  Will be committing soon.

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697