[vbox-dev] No Audio Hardware in Guest

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Tue Oct 3 13:32:11 GMT 2017

On 10/03/2017 03:53 AM, Jan-Peter Rühmann wrote:
> Hello
>
> Since the last Update of VB my Windows7 Guest can´t find any Audio Hardware.
> The Statusbar Shows that Audio is on for in and output
> I´ve tried the Configuration for ALSA and PULSEAUDIO for all three alternatives
> (intel HD, ICH97, SoundBlaster) But nothing works.
> I´ve created a Bug report, but nothing happens.
> Anyone have an Idea?

I have no help for you as my Windows 7 32-bit Guest with PulseAudio as the host
driver, and Intel HD Audio as the Controller works fine. My host is 64-bit
openSUSE Tumbleweed with kernel 4.14.0-rc2, and VB version 5.1.28.

The command 'lspci -nn' shows the following audio hardware listings:
Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD
Audio Controller [8086:0c0c] (rev 06)
PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI
Express Root Port #7 [8086:8c1c] (rev d4)

Larry