[vbox-dev] Kernel v4.12 API changes

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Mon May 15 21:35:30 GMT 2017

Has anyone found the magic elixir to allow VB to run with kernel 4.12-rc1?

Adding #include <asm/set_memory.h> to vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/alloc-r0drv-linux.c is
trivial; however, I'm having trouble with changes in the page table walk code in
vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/memobj-r0drv-linux.c. I followed the changes in the kernel
and I have code that compiles cleanly, but as soon as I try to start a VM, the
system locks up and panics a few seconds later. At this point, I have no
diagnostics concerning where the fault happened.

Thanks,

Larry