[vbox-dev] VBOX: Drag and Drop missing original file's time stamp

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Mar 6 18:08:10 GMT 2017

On 06.03.2017 16:12, Kalogrianitis Socratis wrote:
> Just to add another data point, after my first e-mail on the list, I started getting about 10 spam e-mails per day. None before that.

OK, that's valuable data (and gives me an impression how much spam the
Oracle mail infrastructure must be keeping away from me), especially as
you send the first mail earlier than the end of last year, when this
scam flavor started to infest various places.

In any case it's likely a separate issue, as the scam at hand seems to
have a single topic which makes it non-typical.

> Wouldn't it be easier for you if you created a new e-mail account, sign up only in the mailing list and see what's going on? First hand?

The Oracle network prevents quite a few issues by restricting what's
possible (by keeping you away from 3rd party mailboxes). So it would be
easier in general, but no for me.

Either way, my second e-mail to the list today (visible by the message
IDs in the replies) brought me the attention of Eboni, and this is
really far worse than the usual spam, because one mail triggers a whole
sequence, even if one never replies. By now 12 mails, mostly with a
300KB picture attachment.

 From the timing I'm quite certain that we have a rotten egg in our
subscriber list, because from my message hitting the list it took 20
seconds until the ML software shoved everything to the official mail
server, and only 20 seconds after that I got contacted. Unlikely that
this is scraping addresses off the archive.

I'm thinking about ways to identify the leak within a reasonable amount
of time, but can't do something right now as I have higher priority issues.

Klaus