[vbox-dev] VBOX: Drag and Drop missing original file's time stamp

info at adontec.com info at adontec.com
Sat Mar 4 12:07:15 GMT 2017

Hi there

we use VirtualBox to run Windows VM. Quite often files need to be copied between host and guets and for this Drag&Drop was used in case of Virtual PC.

Since moved to VirtualBox Drag and Drop does not seem to be working as expected. The original file's time stamp is not restored.

Going through a network drive restores the original time stamp but it is not the preferred way for our solution.

So going to the actual VBOX sources (5.1.4)  we might have located the files and the correct code to be added at least for Windows Guest/Host.

Unfortunately the compile task is to complex and time consuming for us to go further. So if you would like to have that code and test it and incorporate it in an upcoming release we happily mail that to you (MIT license).

Thanks!

Kiriakos Georgiadis