[vbox-dev] Co-existence of distribution-installed Guest Additions and Oracle-provided ones

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Sat Jun 17 08:30:11 GMT 2017

16.06.2017 11:46, Michael Thayer wrote:
> Hello Gianfranco,
>
> 15.06.2017 21:57, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
[Discussion of building different versions of the Guest Additions.]
>>> And while we are on the subject, is it worth looking at things that we
>>> (the team at Oracle) could do to make the Additions easier to package?
>>> That also extends to the main software to some extent, as our Linux
>>> packaging is one of the too many things I am involved in.
>>

>> I don't know, an upstream build system might be nice to have.
>> For now we have two guest-packages
>
> As in one which produces .deb packages?  If not, what did you have in mind?

Actually I will take a look for your current packaging scripts.  That
should give me an idea of what we might improve, if anything.

[...]

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697