[vbox-dev] Fwd: VirtualBox compilation on Windows 7

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon Jun 12 06:39:24 GMT 2017

Hi,

On Sonntag, 11. Juni 2017 11:34:02 CEST Sameeh Jubran wrote:
> I am trying to compile VirtualBox for Windows x64 target and facing some
> issues. According to this documentation https://www.
> virtualbox.org/wiki/Windows%20build%20instructions
>
> "*For building the 64-bit target you need to add --with-openssl32= to
> specify the path to the 32-bit OpenSSL development package as both OpenSSL
> variants (32-bit and 64-bit) are required then."*
>
> However looking at the "configure.vbs" script it seems that it lacks this
> parameter at all, what environment variable should be set in order to
> configure the openssl32 path? ( and has the same issue libcurl32 too)

these instructions are currently only valid for the repository which
can be found here:

  https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk

To use these instructions for VBox 5.1.22 you have to apply the attached
patch.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München