[vbox-dev] Opportunity to significantly shrink the vboxsf Linux driver

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Tue Jul 25 10:06:16 GMT 2017

13.07.2017 16:42, Michael Thayer wrote:
> 10.07.2017 12:29, Hans de Goede wrote:
> [Patch to shared folder code proposed by Hans to reduce the line count
> of the Linux driver.]
>
> I reviewed the patch and made a few changes.  Not yet tested on any
> platform, but I am posting my adjusted version so that other people can
> test, including on FreeBSD and Haiku which I cannot do easily.  Note
> that this applies to the normal VirtualBox tree, not to the packaged
> Linux driver.
I redid the patch again, after realising that the non-physical-page path
was for supporting VirtualBox 3.0 and older on the host, which we have
not tested or supported for a long time.  Therefore
VbglR0CanUsePhysPageList() could be removed altogether.  Hopefully this
code will not affect other platforms at all, though testing is better
than hoping (that is addressed particularly to community port maintainers).

Hans, I kept your signed-off-by despite my changes, I hope that is fine.
 Thanks again.

The changes I committed are also attached to this message.

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697