[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 5.1.24 released

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Thu Jul 20 13:44:58 GMT 2017

On 20.07.2017 09:05, Stéphane Charette wrote:

>     please retry. The update notifier is always updated last by the
>     release engineer (can be a while after the announcements), and
>     this time it was just set. Doing a release needs a non-negligible
>     amount of time, and we have to be super careful with timing with
>     the quarterly CPU. Which effectively adds delays.
>

> I waited a few more days, but Virtualbox 5.1.22 is still telling me
> there are no updates:

Very strange. I tried it here (installed 5.1.22 and when I started it,
it instantly did an update check and told me that a new package with
version 5.1.24 is available). Which exact VirtualBox package are you
using? I can guess it's a Linux one, but we provide over 30 variants and
that's not visible in the screenshot. The most accurate way would be
looking at VBox.log for some VM you ran recently. At around line 10 it
contains "Package type: ..." - getting this would eliminate any guessing
on both sides.

Thanks,