[vbox-dev] Old VirtualBox releases (older than 4.0.0)

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Feb 3 12:19:36 GMT 2017

Old 32-bit .run packages should work fine on EL3 (64-bit ones were EL4
since the beginning, to take advantage of the 2.6 kernels which were a
lot better than the 2.4 ones with x86_64). We *never* did any .rpm
package for EL3, so no point in digging.

RHEL 3 was a supported host OS until VirtualBox 2.0.

More seriously - RHEL3 is out of support for so many years that it has a
large number of known security holes (almost a decade ago, even RHEL5 is
close to the end of its life). It's an extremely bad idea to think about
using it for anything besides explicit vintage computing, and then
better don't let it go near the internet.

If you insist on having a try:
http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/2.0.12/VirtualBox-2.0.12-53697-Linux_x86.run

Not being able to see something doesn't mean it's gone.

Klaus