[vbox-dev] Some guest gpu inconsistencies

Jan Bruns ebay at abnuto.de
Thu Aug 24 05:47:25 GMT 2017

 > The cause might be that the DX9 memory doesn't match the vbox setting
(d3d9 reports fixed 64 MB here,

There's a guest-adjustable override for the Direct3D video memory using
the registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\VideoMemorySize  (in MB,
text-mode key).

More similar details can be found in function wined3d_dll_init() in

https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Additions/WINNT/Graphics/Wine_new/wined3d/wined3d_main.c

 > game refused to work and complained about missing "two-sided stencil
support"

I haven't found out much more about this.
It must have to do with the host-guest GL communication, I think.

Gruss

Jan Bruns