[vbox-dev] Virtualbox 5.1.26 problem with kernel 4.4.76/79 and x86_64

Ingmar Sittl ingmar.sittl at elektrobit.com
Wed Aug 16 15:39:50 GMT 2017

 >On 08/11/2017 05:13 AM, Ingmar Sittl wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> yes, I am running Leap 42.3, and was not aware that the API had been changed.
 >> The solution from the ticket of course looks much better than my minimal
diff to
 >> just get things running again for me, I will give the test-build a try.
 >>
 >> Thanks,
 >> Ingmar
 >
 >Just for my info, is there some reason you are not using the Leap 42.3
 >VirtualBox RPM's? I have put a lot of effort into keeping those packages current.
 >
 >Larry

Hi,

some time ago (I'm using this setup since 13.x) I had to use a virtualbox test
build to workaround problems that were showstoppers for me, so I just blocked
the virtualbox guest module installation, and built the modules myself based on
the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso.

This worked very well except this one time, so I never got around to switch back
to the OpenSuSE RPMs.

Regards,
Ingmar