[vbox-dev] Virtualbox 5.1.26 problem with kernel 4.4.76/79 and x86_64

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Mon Aug 14 17:45:45 GMT 2017

On 08/14/2017 04:45 AM, Klaus Espenlaub wrote:
> That error message means that the VirtualBox executable isn't installed suid
> root (which the hardening expects and complains about by pointing at the user id
> information for the running process).

Our spec file does not install /usr/bin/VirtualBox as suid, nor does it need to
be when our packages are used. I have no idea why this error is happening. As
both instances that I know about come from converting from the Oracle RPM to the
openSUSE version, perhaps some files got left behind. Unfortunately, I cannot
duplicate the problem.

Larry