[vbox-dev] audio issues

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Fri Apr 21 16:02:33 GMT 2017

As of today r66644 from SVN, audio is much improved but not fixed yet.
The stutter is improved but now there are popping issues.  The
additional logging shows a greatly reduced amount of the stuttering due
to stream full but they still happen.

Host Linux 64-bit guest Mint-17 64-bit and tried both ac97 and intel hd
audio. I sounds like the intel hd audio might be better than the ac97 to
my ears but can not provide empirical data to support the assumption.

I don't do a lot with Windows these days but it appears that the audio
in a Win-7 guest has been acceptable all along if that is of interest to
you.

Perry