[vbox-dev] Error in supR3HardNtChildPurify

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Apr 19 18:08:13 GMT 2017

Hi Eric,

On 14.04.2017 20:06, Eric Clifford wrote:

> VERR_SUP_VP_TOO_MANY_IMAGE_REGIONS: (rc=-5644)
>
> Where: supR3HardNtChildPurify what: 5
>
> VERR_SUP_VP_TOO_MANY_IMAGE_REGIONS: (-5644) – Process Verification
> Failure:
>
> An image has too many regions.

Not enough to give us a short snippet from the hardening log, we need
the full file to say anything. The unexpectedly high image region count
is almost certainly a symptom of some other problem which is specific to
your setup somehow.

> Hello Dev.
>
> I have been trying to resolve this for going on a month.  I don’t find
> any answers on the web.  Tried many things, nothing working.

Usually such messages are related to the AV software your're using...
VirtualBox is forced to be very paranoid, and some AV software is very
intrusive, to use friendly wording.

Klaus