[vbox-dev] Pagefusion status

Rob wechat007001 at foxmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:25:21 GMT 2016

Hi Folks,

The VirtualBox document mentioned:
"VirtualBox supports Page Fusion only on 64-bit hosts, and it is not supported  on Mac OS X hosts. Page Fusion currently works only with Windows guests (2000  and later)."

I'd like to know is this still the latest state? PageFusion still can't work with Linux Guest?
If yes, do you have any plan to support PageFusion for Linux guest(which is widely used!).
Or any headlines if people want to try themselves?

AFAIK, in order to make PageFusion work for Linux guest.
There should be "HPVDEVSHAREDREGIONDESC regions" and then call VbglR3RegisterSharedModule() to register these regions.
But I'm not sure is there any restrict in VbglR3RegisterSharedModule() for Linux Guest.

Regards,
Rob