[vbox-dev] Minimalist OpenGL program crashing

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Mon Nov 21 11:25:39 GMT 2016

Hello Otacílio,

10.11.2016 13:07, Otacílio wrote:
> I'm using this minimalist program to test OpenGL. When running on a true
> machine (FreeBSD 11, clang 3.8.0) this program runs fine. But, when
> compiling and running in a Virtualbox guest with
> virtualbox-ose-additions-5.1.8 installed (FreeBSD 11, clang 3.8.0,
> OpenGL enabled)  I'm getting a core dump when the program exits. So its
> not clear to me if this is a FreeBSD port problem or not. So, please, I
> wold like ask you to compile and running in your's guest machine running
> Linux or FreeBSD and report to me the results.

I can confirm that this affects Linux guests too.  Unfortunately we do
not have time to investigate X11 guest 3D issues for the foreseeable
future, so your best bet is probably to debug it yourself.  If you can
clearly locate the problem (as in understanding it) chances are good
that we will fix it.

Regards,

Michael