[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 5.0.17 r106108 Guest Additions update for Linux guests - update to r106114

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Thu Mar 31 00:58:54 GMT 2016

On 03/28/2016 06:30 PM, Larry Finger wrote:

> My local build of 5.0.17 patched to r106140 is more problematic. For unknown
> reasons, it is unable to add a drm device, and thus is unable to get a file
> descriptor for /dev/dri/card0. After that X tries over and over to start. I
> suspect a permissions problem. Again, any debugging suggestions are welcome.

After more effort than it should have taken, I discovered that openSUSE's spec
file did not copy file Module.symvers from the vboxguest directory into the
vboxvideo directory before the build started. Because of that, vboxvideo could
not utilize the exported symbols from vboxguest.

The only remaining problem is that the cursor is blanked whenever 3D
acceleration is enabled. As that symptom is the same as the Oracle Guest
Additions ISO, I'm not going to worry about it.

Larry