[vbox-dev] Improvements in VBoxManage documentation

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Tue Mar 29 08:45:24 GMT 2016

Hi Miroslav,

On Tuesday 29 March 2016 09:12:35 Miroslav Matějů wrote:
> I’d like to point out an inconsistency between VBoxManage command and its
> documentation at https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch08.html. The
> subcommand storagectl is claimed to have a parameter '--sataportcount'.
> However, the actual VBoxManage accepts '--portcount' only (as of 5.0.10).

thanks. This will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

> I am missing the parameter listing of subcommand snapshot in the
> documentation. It would be useful for a quick reference. Is it possible to
> add it to the documentation?

The documentation does already exist, see section 8.16.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München