[vbox-dev] virtualbox 5.0.22 fails to build on Ubuntu yakkety

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Tue Jun 21 16:11:04 GMT 2016

Hi Frank

>thanks for the heads-up. In my opinion this is a bug in the Yakkety

>Linux kernel headers package (ethtool.h should include the headers it
>depends on itself) but I applied the workaround you proposed.

not just yakkety, but every linux 4.4/4.6 I guess :)

anyway, I have a locally cloned git kernel repo, I saw it, and I saw this code
#ifndef __KERNEL__
#include <limits.h> /* for INT_MAX */
#endif

of course I didn't check the yakkety source, and indeed this was a kernel bug
and fixed in a later kernel release
(not checking git log, made in myself the assumption that it was a virtualbox bug, sorry
for that)

git tag --contains 14e2037902d65213842b4e40305ff54a64abbcb6
v4.6
v4.6-rc1
v4.6-rc2
v4.6-rc3