[vbox-dev] SVN build and audio issues

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed Jun 15 15:37:00 GMT 2016

Hi,

On Wednesday 15 June 2016 17:32:20 Andreas Löffler wrote:
> [...]
>
> The plan is to have HDA support for (newer) Linux guests, so that those
> can take advantage of features the AC'97 emulation does not support.
> AC'97 definitely will stay around, but we didn't make up our minds yet
> whether (and when) HDA will become the standard sound device emulation
> for newly created guests.

there is also the following problem: At the moment our "New VM" wizard
just asks if the Linux distribution is Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora or whatever.
It does not ask if this is an older distro or a newer one. Therefore we
need to assume some sane values working for older as well as for newer
distros. We want to rewrite that wizard to allow a better choice here
but this will not happen for 5.1.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München