[vbox-dev] SVN build and audio issues

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Sat Jun 11 16:44:07 GMT 2016

Host Linux and guest any ( 64-bit ) Building from SVN and up-to-date as
of 06-11-2016.

Noticed that the audio was not working properly and investigated. I
found that playback was 3X faster than it should be and choppy with the
actual clock in Banshee running at the 3X speed.  Looking at the source
I saw that the new audio could be offset with the old one by adding
VBOX_WITH_AUDIO_STABLE := 1 to the LocalConfig.kmk and in doing so the
audio responded as it should upon re-compiling. The log file really does
not show any real messages about the except a couple of AC97 resets but
if memory serves me this has been happening on occasion even in a
working version.

I can provide said logs if you need them but figured you would want to
know while you were still working on the sound system.

Perry