[vbox-dev] Minor fixes for configure.vbs

Власов Константин flint at flint-inc.ru
Fri Jul 29 18:29:22 GMT 2016

Hi,

I was building VirtualBox for Windows from sources and found some problems. I'm
attaching two patches for the configure.vbs script.

1. configure-fixes-1.patch
The script detects the Visual C++ compiler by trying to run it without
parameters and checking the return code. But in VS2010/SDK7.1 cl.exe started
without parameters returns an error code. Therefore, configure.vbs thinks that
compiler is not found.

This patch adds the /? parameter to cl.exe command line. This causes cl.exe to
output help and return success, so that configure.vbs detected this compiler as
acceptable.

2. configure-fixes-2.patch

When I specify libcurl path, configure.vbs requires that libcurl.dll is present
there. But I know for sure VB can link with libcurl statically, and the DLL
therefore is not actually required.

This patch removes the requirement of libcurl.dll presence.

MIT licensed.

--
Bye.                                    With best regards,
                                        Konstantin Vlasov.